Wisconsin GI Bill Facts
as of August 2011
Last updated 2/16/2010.
Stay updated, subscribe to our rss.
CLICK HERE to access a pdf document summarizing important facts concerning the Wisconsin G.I. Bill tuition remission benefit program (WI GI Bill). The items addressed in the pdf document include:
- WI GI Bill Eligibility Requirements for Veterans
- New WI GI Bill Eligibility Requirements for Children and Spouses
- New Applicants
- Clarifications Regarding the 128 Credit Limit
- Relationship between Federal and State Benefits
- WI GI Bill Supplemental Payment
- Additional Months of Post-9/11 GI Bill Benefits Eligibility
- Transferred Post-9/11 GI Bill Benefits
- Combined Benefit Payments
The WI GI Bill legislation is complex. Understanding the relationship among state and federal veterans benefits, and knowing which are best for your specific circumstance will require you to be well informed. You are urged to speak directly with the following resource people:
- County Veterans Service Officer regarding Wisconsin Veterans Benefits programs (http://dva.state.wi.us/CVSO.asp),
- Veterans Administration regarding federal benefits programs (http://www.gibill.va.gov/), and
- School Veterans Certifying Officer at your campus (contact information available at http://www.uwhelp.wisconsin.edu/paying/veterans.aspx)
- NOTICE: Changing to the Federal Post-9/11 GI Bill Benefit is an irrevocable decision. We recommend careful consultation with federal, state, and higher education veteran’s benefits staff about any decision to elect the Post-9/11 GI Bill benefit.
Latest revision date for pdf file: 8/29/11